Nestlé was founded in 1866 and is headquartered in Vevey, Switzerland. The company operates 413 factories in 85 countries, and employs 308,000 employees around the world. Our purpose is to enhance quality of life and contribute to a healthier future for everyone. Driven by our purpose we want to help shape a better world and inspire people to live healthier lives. This is how we contribute to society and ensure our long-term success.
Nestlé New Zealand, Australia and the Pacific Islands are subsidiaries of the Swiss-based, global food and beverages company, Nestlé S.A. The Oceania region encompasses Australia, New Zealand, and the Pacific, including Papua New Guinea, New Caledonia, Fiji, French Polynesia, the Solomon Islands, Vanuatu, Tonga, Samoa and the small islands of Tuvalu, Niue, the Cook Islands, Kiribati, Nauru, Tokelau, Wallis & Futuna and Pitcairn.
There are more than 5,000 people in over 70 offices, factories and distribution centre’s strategically located across the region.
Nestlé's first trademark was registered in New Zealand in 1885 and in 1908 the first office was opened in Sydney, Australia. Regional headquarters is now located at Rhodes in Sydney, not far from the site of the 2000 Olympic Games
Nestlé New Zealand
Nestlé New Zealand employs over 600 people and we market over 900 products to New Zealanders and achieve exports of over $60 million primarily to Australia & Japan. Each year through our Creating Shared Value philosophy, we make a significant contribution to encourage the wellbeing of New Zealand Communities.
While much of our work is aimed at providing local products for local needs, we also take advantage of export opportunities where they arise. Nestlé New Zealand’s principle brands include: NESCAFÉ, MILO, MAGGI, CARNATION, HIGHLANDER, NESQUIK, UNCLE TOBYS, KIT KAT, S-26 and MILKYBAR.
Other Nestlé operations in the region include:
- Cereal Partners Worldwide: Cheerios, Milo cereal, Nesquik cereal, Uncle Tobys Plus, Uncle Tobys O&G and Uncle Tobys Cereals
- Nestlé Professional: Nescafé, Maggi, Andronicus and Buitoni
- Nestlé Purina PetCare: Pro Plan, Pro Plan Veterinary Diets, Friskies, Purina One, Beneful, Lucky Dog, Beyond, Fancy Feast, Felix, Supercoat, TotalCare, PetLife and Tidy Cats.
- Infant Nutrition: Nan, Lactogen (Infant Formula) and Cerelac
- Healthcare Nutrition: Sustagen, Optifast and ProNourish
- Nespresso: Nespresso systems
- Nestlé Waters: San Pellegrino, Perrier and Vittel
- Nestlé Skin Health: Galderma