- 6 eggs, separated
- 1½ cups (330g) caster sugar
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp corn flour
- 395g can HIGHLANDER Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 tsp finely grated lime zest
- ½ cup (125mL) freshly squeezed lime juice
- 300mL thickened cream, whipped
- ½ tsp rose water
- 250g watermelon, cut into triangles
- 125g punnet strawberries, halved
- Mint leaves to garnish
- 1 Preheat oven 120°C/100°C fan-forced. Mark a 26cm circle on baking paper; then mark an inner circle with a 12cm circle, to form a wreath shape.
- 2 Beat egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks form; gradually add sugar, beating until dissolved after each addition (should take 6 or 7 minutes). Beat in vinegar and corn flour.
- 3 Spread meringue inside wreath shape on prepared tray. Using palette knife or spatula, shape sides of meringue. Bake 1 3/4 hours or until dry. Turn oven off, leaving Pavlova to cool in oven with door ajar.
- 4 Meanwhile combine HIGHLANDER Sweetened Condensed Milk, zest, juice and egg yolks in a medium saucepan; stirring constantly, bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes, remove from heat and allow to cool.
- 5 Just before serving, spoon lime curd over Pavlova. Place cream in a medium bowl and fold through rosewater, place mixture in a piping bag fitted with a large round nozzle, pipe onto meringue. Decorate with watermelon, strawberries and mint leaves.