- 50g butter, cubed
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 5 pears, peeled, cored and sliced lengthways
- 12 store bought cinnamon donuts, sliced lengthways
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 380g HIGHLANDER Caramel
- 600mL thickened cream
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 In a large frying pan over high heat; melt butter and sugar, bring to the boil and add pears. Cook for 10 minutes or until pears are caramelised and the pan juices are thickened. Remove from heat and cool.
- 2 Meanwhile heat a griddle pan on high, and grill donuts, 2 minutes on either side or until lightly toasted, reserve.
- 3 In a bowl of an electric mixer, whisk cream cheese and HIGHLANDER Caramel until smooth; whilst mixer is whisking, slowly pour in cream and whisk until thickened. Spoon mixture into a large piping bag fitted with a large round nozzle.
- 4 In a 8 cup (2 litre) glass serving dish, layer donuts, pears, and caramel cream, Continue layering with remaining donut halves, pear slices and cream mixture. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve.